Google Analytics can track who comes to your site, where they came from, where they went and how long they spent on your pages. Google Analytics is a free service provided by Google.
Setting Up Google Analytics
- Go to Google Analytics
- Click Sign Up For Free. If you do not have a Google account, you can sign up for one. Google accounts are free.
- Once logged in, you may be prompted to set up a User Profile and Website Profile. If so, follow the instructions on the screen.
- If you are not prompted to create new Profiles, you may have logged into Google Analytics in the past. If this is the case, click on Add Website Profile
- On the next page, select Add a Profile for a new domain
- Enter the URL to your website
- Select your Country and Time Zone
- Click the Finish button.
- You will then get information about your Tracking ID (It looks like UA-123456789-1)
- Copy this Tracking ID for the next steps to add to Integer
Adding Your Code to Integer
Locate your specific code in your Google analytics account and do the following to add tracking to your website:
1. Log into the Integer Member Area
2. Click on "Analytics" under "Integrations" towards the bottom of the left-hand menu.
3. Add your Google Analytics code to the Google Analytics ID field and click "Save" to save you changes. The Google Analytics ID should always start with "UA" with a 9 digit number after it.
Checking your Stats
- After adding your code to your website, you can start checking the stats of your website
- Log into your Google Analytics account: https://www.google.com/analytics/reporting
- You will then see a Dashboard with basic statistics. You also have the option of adding custom filters, reports and a number of other free tools.
- If you have any problems or questions about using Google Analytics, you can click the Help link in the upper right corner of the page. You can also view the Google Analytics Help page directly by going to: http://www.google.com/support/googleanalytics/?hl=en_US