Zendesk Chat (formerly Zopim) is a live chat tool that is easy to integrate with your website, and offers a range of features including embedding, tickets and ticket history, chat customization, saved responses, as well as more in depth analytics, and quality life features with some of their paid plans. A free (Lite) option is available for one agent, meaning one user who can take chats started by clients visiting the website.
Note: Zendesk chat is a third-party product and Integer does not provide support for it, you can find help at the Zendesk Help Center
1. Go to https://www.zendesk.com/chat/
2. Click on the Start Free Trial button in the bottom right corner.
3. Sign up with an email account.
4. Once you've found and clicked on the verification email sent to your inbox, you should be returned to the website.
5. It should prompt you to create a password, enter a Company Name, phone number, number of employees and ask you how do you plan on using Zendesk Chat.
6. After you've filled out the Form it should take you to your Home page. I would encourage you to check out some of the options that are available to you.
7. Free accounts can have one agent at a time, and one live chat at a time. They have access to add triggered events, customize the chat form, add custom responses, and a chat rating system.
Adding Your Code to Integer
1. In your Zendesk account, locate your specific code by going to "Settings", and then "Widget".
2.Then copy the code out of the textbox. In another tab or window, log into the Integer Member Area
3. Click on "Live Chat" under "Integrations" towards the bottom of the left-hand menu.
4. Paste the code that you copied from Zendesk into the box.
5. Click "Submit" to submit the code to our support team. We will have your new Zendesk widget integrated on your site within one business day.
Under the Visitors section of the dashboard you can see a history of chats, if you were chatted while you were away, those messages will show up here and under history. On the left side at the very top you have the option to set Online, Away or Invisible. If you set your status to online, you can begin to Serve Requests. There will be a notification sound (can be turned on and off) and a message in the tab at the top, and in the bottom left corner. You can begin your chat by clicking Serve Request. The client's information will show up on the right, and your chat will show up in the middle, you can chat using the bottom pane.
Checking your Stats
1. After the scripts have been installed, you can start checking the stats of your website
2. Log into your Zendesk account: https://www.zendesk.com/chat/
3. You will then see a Dashboard with basic statistics. In paid versions, you also have the option of adding custom filters and a number of other tools.
4. If you have any problems or questions about using Zendesk chat, you can click the Help link in the lower right corner of the page.